Outlander, “By the Pricking of My Thumbs” Recap
Yep, not a full, long recap this time. Just thoughts and some cuteness.
This should save us time. (My recaps take 2 days to complete, not even kidding. So, this is delightfully easier for me and much shorter for those who’d been reminding me the length of my recaps, I hope.)
Let’s get to it:
- Whoa. Hello there, what I’d like to call “Morning gymnastics with Jamie Fraser”. (Also a visually beautiful scene.) I tried to cap it but died trying. How dare you, Jamie
Alexander Adorable Malcolm Mackenzie Fraser.
- Murtagh’s getting more and more distracting with his fabulous hair and eyebrows combo. I don’t think I pay him enough compliments. Please remember, he’s not a model. (Call Ned Gowan for bookings)
- Speaking of Ned, isn’t he the cutest? (I really don’t care about the Duke, Claire warned them about his relationship with Jack Douchebag and they’re discussing or something, whatever.)
- Claire on the move.
- Leeeeeerie hey! Sup? By any chance did you try to kill me and steal MY HUSBAND?
- “He’s mine.” Laoghaire (Leerie), you’re gonna get slapped.
- *Sigh* Clearly, Jamie should’ve said “Gurl, ME LOVE CLAIRE”. Letting her down easy doesn’t seem to be working.
- Wow, when you meet a very naked friend summoning Mother Nature at night maybe you shouldn’t watch. (Manners)
- Yeah, Claire, just join her.
- Now they’re talking about her nipples. OK.
- Of course the baby is Dougal’s. Everybody, hide yer wives.
- Aww, this friendship is mostly based on their shared weirdness but still.
- A baby’s crying in the misty forest. Let’s search for the source. Obviously, nothing bad can come from it.
- They kill babies “because reasons”, Jamie explains.
- When in doubt, put a dead baby in a tree.
- Dougal throwing a tantrum. Sad, I think. Angus and Claire agree.
- The Duke is fabulously annoying. But Claire has upped her game. (Yes, that’s a cartoon crown on her head but everything looks good on her.)
- Duke’s obsessed with Jamie. Can you blame him?
- No one can resist Jamie’s charm. *softly touches his face through the screen*
- A duel. Of course. A day’s never complete unless Jamie’s life is in danger.
- Guess what, MacKenzies and whatever these dudebros are, they are enemies. Huh, shocking.
- Jamie, this might not be the best time for “Your mom” jokes.
- Of course they fight.
- Claire silently patching up Jamie as he keeps talking.
- Jamie’s worried Claire’s not scolding him. “Quiet anger can be very effective.”
- Geillis’ husband is dead. THANK YOU FOR ALL THE FARTS, GOODBYE.
- Yeah, she does look very sad.
- Colum is everything I love. “I’m not asking you anything you half-wit. I’m ordering you.”
- Dougal: He had gas problems, bro.
- I want Colum’s laughter as my ringtone, ending with an insult. “Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha half-wit!”
- Okay now Colum you’re being harsh. Let the man have some love in his life because well, trust me on this.
- “You will not speak until you’re spoken to” + Jamie’s face = Another “You little shit” moment with Jamie and Colum. (I live for these because of Jamie’s reactions mostly.)
- Colum’s being a bully right now. Honestly F. U. I’m actually sad for Dougal.
- Separating Claire and Jamie is a bad move. Colum, say goodbye to your fanbase (me).
- Dougal wants some lovin. So envious of Claire & Jamie kisses. And that was a hell of a kiss. Don’t go, Jamie.
- Jamie’s advising Claire to stay away from Geillis. I wonder how that will work out.
- Oh, didn’t really work out after all. Shocking.
- So the dudes are there to get Geillis but then they see Claire and of course they decide, “Oh, let’s take this one too.” Great. Amazing.
- We meet again, Leerie. I wish this was the last time and I wish you’d just stop in general. I understand how much it would wound someone to know they lost their chance with Jamie. But YOU MUST STOP.
Remember my campaign from last recap #LeaveClaireAlone ?
Yeah, I know it’s never gonna happen. We should all get used to this constant state of danger.
At the same time, I’m excited about the trial business. Bring it on, show!
If you enjoy my writing and would like to see more please consider making a donation to support me and help me write more often.
I appreciate any amount of donation. If you donate, send me a message so I know who you are and you can request a special recap as well.
Thank you ♥